Friday, February 4, 2011

MABUHAY!

It’s hot. It’s very noisy. It smells like cigarettes and car exhaust. Welcome to the Philippines!
I finally arrived here in Manila around 12:30pm local time (10:30 pm in good 'ole Texas) and made it to the CSM hotel close to 2:00pm. I'll be here all alone until very, very early tomorrow morning (leaving for the airport around 3:30 am) so feel free to chat or email with me when you wake up! I'll be here! :)
I got a few hours of sleep in Japan last night and then maybe one more on the plane. My flight here was very musical. I started out with a little bluegrass and a little Carpenters and then had a time of praise with David Dunn, Casting Crowns and Donna Stuart. From there we moved to some much needed broadway and the Swell Season and I finally dozed off while Slowdancing in a Burning Room with John Mayer.
(This post and the last song are dedicated to my faithful companion, Janey Matulich:)

I'm going to work out, shower, go through my luggage and hopefully eat before going to bed. Keep the emails and comments coming. Thank you for your prayers and love!

Bekah

5 comments:

  1. oh good you made it :)
    [and yes it's 3am here and I'm wide awake as per my usual terrible sleep habits]

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm AMAZED you wanted to work out after all that traveling! Go you! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm honored you dedicated this post to me! Oh an ps I totally listened to Slow Dancing the same night while we were fb chatting and it made me think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we could be music twins. (o:

    ReplyDelete