Thursday, May 12, 2011

The King's Speech... and the last day

A few days ago now we broke into my mom's mother's day present (spoiler alert, mom) and watched The King's Speech.  I was thrilled to be finally seeing this film and was equally as thrilled by the overall production.  It was a truly wonderful movie and Colin Firth and Geoffry Rush were both fantastic!  If you have yet to see it then I highly recommend it.
Well today is Thursday the 12 of May and my last day at Bandon Grove, my favourite farm in all of Dungog and the rest of the world.  I won't pretend that I'm not a little broken hearted.  I don't want to leave my family here.  I know that I have another family, my closest family, waiting for me and I am anxious to see them.  However I feel like I have spent most of my life missing this family over here; getting to have them all to myself for two weeks and now having to go back to missing them just seems too harsh right now.  Most of you would never have imagined I'd say something like this-- but the farm life suits me.  I wouldn't be at all upset if God had a farmer in my future. :)
Today Coral and Granny and I went into town for lunch and so I could play a little prank. Cafe Dungog is run by a guy named Steven-- who may have bitten off a little more than he could chew with me. He recently spent 6 weeks or so in the States and so enjoyed pulling out some Aussie jokes when he found out I was American (like referring to people named "Chuck" and "Randy" which are two names an Aussie would never name a child unless they wanted to subject them to cruel bullying; also making me a beetroot sandwich when I asked that beets were left off of my burger. Aussie's eat some gross things.)  I sent in a carry out order with meticulous instructions and ridiculous expectations along with a job application.  When we arrived for lunch I was informed that some inappropriate things were found in my background check that disqualified me from the job.  It was a great day nonetheless and I had another delicious beetrootless sandwich.
Coral is getting dinner ready; homemade pizzas! Then I think Phil and Coral and I will sit down for a last movie together and the tears will probably start at the same time (for me at least).  Tomorrow Phil and I drive to the central coast where I'll be staying at my cousins Josh and Collette's house and then will fly out of Sydney early the next morning.  This is the leg of the journey that I dread the most because after leaving Sydney I arrive in Manila and have to spend about 30 hours there.  I'll be staying at the CSM inn so will at least have a bed and a shower... but it will be so hard being alone after all this time.  I'm just going to want to be home. I wish I could just sleep the travel away.  Once I leave Manila it's off to Tokyo, then Detroit, then home.  I will finally arrive in San Antonio, if the Lord wills it and nothing goes wrong, on Monday evening. I'll put information on facebook about a little welcome home get-together at IHOP.
So many of you have followed me around the world over here and I am truly blessed and grateful.  I'll try to add another post from Manila where I'll be incredibly bored and lonely.  I wouldn't mind email at all. :)

Love you all. See you SO soon. God is good.

2 comments:

  1. "I wouldn't be at all upset if God had a farmer in my future."

    Awesome. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched the Kings Speech the other night! It was fantastic! Thanks for the Mother's Day gift! I'm so glad you love the farm as much as I do..it is truly my home away from home! I can't wait to see you though!!!

    ReplyDelete