Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Coming down off of the fairy tale high

Well several days after the blessed nuptials Coral and I are starting to live in reality again.  We've taken off our tiaras and only discuss Kate's gown about twice a day.

We've been at the farm for three days now and this place is just more wonderful than I remembered or could have hoped for.  Yesterday Coral and I drove up to Maitland to do a little shopping as I had only summer clothes with me and winter is quickly blowing in over here.  Phil played some golf instead of accompanying us and I'd say we all had a lovely day.  Lovely crumb chicken and potatoes for dinner and then some ice cream and fruit salad for dessert.  We watched "The Blind Side" which was a first for me and a second time for the others (which in itself was amazing as Phil is normally never on board for watching a movie twice.)  I thought it was pretty great; Sandra Bullock's best, no doubt.

Today we took our breakfast out to the veranda and enjoyed the first bit of sunshine since I arrived.  After taking care of a few things we packed a picnic and headed to the dam where we enjoyed sausage sandwiches and tea with the Kookaburras. I love getting to spend all day in conversation with Phil and Coral.  They are two of my favorite people and we just have a grand time.  I wouldn't hate to live here-- no I wouldn't.

Of course, we have to have something go wrong.  When we got back from the dam I ducked inside before the others to use the restroom.  When I came out I had a very concerned Coral telling me to check my shoes as they had found a very full leach outside where we had just been standing.  I checked and the coast was clear-- until I rolled my jeans up to my knee.  Blood dripping down the back of my leg showed the spot were the little bugger had found his lunch.  This may be the most disgusting experience I've ever had.  This called for an immediate bubble bath, but even now I still feel violated.

It's about time for dinner now and then I think maybe hot cross buns and tea while I introduce them to Inception.  Leaches aside (and even adding them to the mix) this is truly a delightful time.  I'm already looking forward to the next time I make it down here.

Happy birthday to sweet Liddy!! I'm bringing you some Aussie goodies! Love you.

 The beautiful Harbour Bridge
 Born for royalty.

1 comment:

  1. Ah Bekah! Now you know why I love going there so much! Even the leaches! But in summer you have to deal with funnel-webs and brown snakes...just the reality of life down under.
    I love the PINK tiaras... very "Coral"! But I do want you to come home... sometime soon!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete