Friday, July 22, 2011

"Are you from the town of Joaquin Phoenix?"

If you understand this title, you've probably hung out with me recently. :)

Well we made it to Phoenix! 18 hours in the car (with brief stops at gas stations and Denny's) brought us to our first destination.  So far everything has gone about as smoothly as can be expected.  Everyone and their luggage arrived safely and no one has been left at any stops (both of these things can not be said of previous trips).  I got the midnight- 3am driving shift (woot) which was not the easiest, but driver gets to chose music so we had three glorious hours of The Beatles and worshipful music, with a little broadway and Jeff Buckley thrown in for good measure.  Considering my shift brought us to El Paso, there was not much to see, so the music definitely helped keep me awake.

We are just about to check out of our first hotel (and we JUST found the only place where you can get internet for free) and are heading to California today.  Hopefully the rest of our days will be shorter than our first.

I love you guys.  I miss you a very lot even though it has seriously only been two days.  I did three months away; I can do this! Every day I am getting more and more excited about seeing my family.  I have an amazing family and we truly have a blast together.

Okay, I should go.  Only two computers here have internet and several unsatisfied guests are waiting for me to free up my spot.

Keep up the texting and all.  I can only stare out the window for so long before I start to lose my mind.

Love, love, love.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I drove all the way down to Tennessee and back for our family reunion a couple weeks ago, and I'm sure my mom and sister were sick of Stevie Ray Vaughan and Def Leppard by the end of it all. Definitely kept me awake through the entirety of Indiana, that's for sure. :)

    Glad you guys are safe (and nobody got left at any stops! LOL). I'll keep praying for safety and fun and lots of God-filled moments! Be sure to take some pictures of all the beautiful Southwest scenery, too!

    ReplyDelete