Tuesday, January 17, 2012

There and back again.

Well, since I last posted here I have journeyed back home to New Braunfels for a lovely Christmas and returned to Chicago where it still looks and feels just like Christmas.

It was so nice to be in Texas again.  I had only been away for three months, but it still felt like returning after a long absence.  We had a very low-key, family-full holiday and I got to spend oodles of time with some of my most favorite people and most wonderful friends (Kate, Janey, Julian, Miranda, Ben, Lauren, Ariana and Andrew I miss you already).  I also go to take a quick trip with Ben up to Dallas to visit our cousins, Thomas and Sarah, who are expecting their first baby any day now! My other highlight was getting to be with my church family again.  That was one of the things I noticed myself most missing when I moved up here and it was so lovely to be with them again.

However, now I'm back.  But there is really nothing sad there; I'm thrilled to be re-starting my time here.  It's nice to have three months under my belt and enough know-how to get places and do things by myself.  I still do as much as I can with Blythe and Eric as they are the reason I moved here and are really great people; but I can manage alone if need be.  For some reason my computer is no longer working with the wireless at the condo which is a bummer (I'm at Starbucks now-- less of a bummer, however a stinky someone passed by and their scent is lingering) but this may be what is necessary for me to be sure to go to bed at a reasonable hour every night.  I also got a gym membership today (AND worked out) and will be meeting with someone tomorrow afternoon about getting a second job in the city.  I'm kind of on a roll.

Along with working out, sleeping and making sure all of my time is full-- I've got some continuing soul searching going on.  I thought all of that was going to get done in 2011, but it turns out it may just take more than a year.  I threw around a few ideas with my mom over the break (some sensible, some not so much) and had some conversations (with and without tears) with many people as I look forward and try to see what step I should take next.  There is a lot to consider and plenty of options out there.  More than anything though, I know that I have just made this leap and now that I have my feet on the ground here I intend to enjoy the time that I have and just hope that God makes my next leap clear when the time comes.

Thank you to everyone who keeps up with the ramblings I post.  Please let me know if you're ever in the Chicago area! I'd love to see you. You have no idea. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment